Motion Bank Education Research
in Phase One was undertaken with teaching staff from the two Education Partner institutions cooperating with an International Education Workgroup (see list below).
Biannual meetings of the Workgroup were organised since Autumn 2010 in Frankfurt and other locations. In the links to the right (or below) and in the Documentation pages are brief reports on these meetings which were frequently organised to take place alongside another event.
- Bertha Bermudez. Coordinator Accademia Mobile. ICKamsterdam - Emio Greco | PC. Associate Researcher. Arts Practice and Development. Amsterdam School of the Arts
- José Biondi. Professor. Course Leader MA in Choreography, Co-Director InnoLernenTanz, Palucca Hochschule für Tanz Dresden
- Jenny Coogan. Professor. Co-Director InnoLernenTanz, Palucca Hochschule für Tanz Dresden
- Ingo Diehl. Professor. Course Director MA Contemporary Dance Education - MA CoDE (former MAZTP), Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts
- Nik Haffner. Professor. Artistic Leader Inter-University Center for Dance Berlin
- Dieter Heitkamp. Professor for Contemporary Dance. Director Department for Contemporary and Classical Dance_ZuKT, University for Music and Performing Arts Frankfurt am Main
- Dr. Claudia Jeschke. Professor. Department of Music and Dance Studies. Universität Salzburg
- Norah Zuniga Shaw. Associate Professor. Department of Dance. The Ohio State University
- John Taylor. Dance Department. Amsterdam School of the Arts
- Susanne Triebel. Coordinator/ Administrator (Dance Courses) University for Music and Performing Arts Frankfurt am Main
- Sarah Whatley. Professor. Director of Research. ICELAB. Coventry University
- Jasmine Wilson. Director. Creative Learning. Wayne McGregor|Random Dance
for use in dance creation & education
Piecemaker is a software that assists in notating and scoring video recordings of dance and sharing this information with others. It was initiated as a research project by The Forsythe Company member David Kern to support the organisation and recall of materials created in the rehearsal studio.
In the context of the Motion Bank research project, Piecemaker has been reprogrammed for use in the development of the on-line digital scores and as a standalone tool for use in the studio by those working in dance creation and education. Now titled PM2GO (Piecemaker2GO) a free beta version can be downloaded along with instructions here.
Piecemaker Team (Hochschule Darmstadt): Peter Göbel, Matthias Kadenbach, Julian Klotz, Andrea Krajewski, Garrit Schaap, Alexander Stefas, Arnd Steinmetz, Martin Streit and Tsune Tanaka.
Education Workgroup Meetings Documentation:
Motion Bank Phase Two is evolving in stages. Currently we are improving our on-line annotation and publishing systems (MoSys) for eventual public release to join PM2GO. We are building a network of choreographers, dancers and researchers interested in using MoSys for their own purposes or adding resources to Motion Bank. We are organising Choreographic Coding Labs in collaboration with new partners worldwide. These Labs bring together creative coders interested in translating choreography and dance into new digital forms. In addition, we are supporting the continued research of the International Education Workgroup. Sign up for the newsletter to be kept informed.